The sale of St Helier House is off, after the buyer pulled out.
The £1.8 million deal had been due to go to a vote of parishioners on Wednesday (25 September).
Town Constable Simon Crowcroft says the prospective buyer of the former care home at the bottom of Westmount Road has withdrawn their bid.
“Following an independently managed tender process, the Parish’s Procureurs du Bien Public and I selected a preferred purchaser for St Helier House, but regrettably this bid has now been withdrawn and therefore can no longer be considered at next week’s Parish Assembly."
The high-rise block has been empty for six years, when residents moved out over safety concerns following the Grenfell Tower fire, when the building was found to have similar cladding.
A previous sale to a developer for £2.9m fell through in 2019.
Ratepayers then agreed it should be sold to Andium for housing, but that never happened.
Constable Crowcroft says he hopes new proposals for the building will been be put to a Parish Assembly before the end of the year.

London man jailed for fraudulent purchases in Jersey worth over £10.5k
Report reveals what islanders are earning
Jersey's Siena Stephens gets Supertri wildcard
Spaghetti and ale on the menu at Gorey Fete
Police seek information after assault sent 61-year old man to hospital
Economic Development Minister apologises for minimum wage comments
Jersey's GCSE pass rate rises to 77.1%
'Après-ski' bar and curling rink coming in the autumn