Hospital visitors are warned of traffic diversions and reduced parking as new power supplies are installed as part of the PEH modernisation project.
A new electricity cable requires trenches to be dug from the substation, down Rue Rondel, across the road and to the main hospital building.
HSC has labelled this upgrade 'essential'.
It warns that traffic diversions will change as the work moves around the site, making certain entrances and parking spaces inaccessible at times.
The first phase of the trench works starts today (27 March), affecting the area between the Emergency Department and the loading bay for around a week.
Access to the ED will be maintained at all times, but seven parking spaces outside the department will be closed.
Access to departments/services on the PEH campus will be as follows:
• Access to the Emergency Department from the Oberlands entrance/Rue Rondel only.
• Vehicle access to Bulstrode entrance and the Gloucester Room restaurant from Le Vauquiedor road end only (no through road from the car park outside this area to the Emergency Department).
• Access to Specialist Mental Health Services, CAMHS and the Lighthouse wards from the Oberlands road entrance/Rue Rondel only.
• Access to the Vauquiedor Entrance and the Porters Lodge is unaffected.
• Access to the loading bay for Meals on Wheels volunteers will be maintained at all times but must be accessed from the Oberlands road entrance/Rue Rondel only.