Condor says passenger sailings between Jersey and St Malo this weekend should go ahead after a temporary agreement was reached with striking stevedores.
Meetings have taken place following disruption earlier this week, which saw a Brittany ferries sailing being forced to divert to Cherbourg at the last minute.
That was because the stevedores broke into a restricted zone in St Malo and dumped a shipping container on the vehicle ramp.
Condor says following those meetings, it's now anticipated that sailings will go ahead between Friday and Monday. Freight services will stay suspended though.
"We are grateful that the St Malo authorities have brokered a temporary arrangement with the dockers that should see us sail Condor Rapide this weekend as planned.
"It is also understood that discussions are underway which could result in a permanent solution being found. Obviously, any ongoing disruption is regrettable and totally unacceptable so we look forward to being able to resume all sailings in due course." - Elwyn Dop, Operations Director.
He says the company is talking to customers with bookings for this weekend. Foot passengers will have to carry their own passengers because no stevedores will be working.
The weekly freight service between Portsmouth, the islands and St Malo is not able to operate.

Bulls ease into next FA Cup qualifying round
London man jailed for fraudulent purchases in Jersey worth over £10.5k
Report reveals what islanders are earning
Jersey's Siena Stephens gets Supertri wildcard
Spaghetti and ale on the menu at Gorey Fete
Police seek information after assault sent 61-year old man to hospital
Economic Development Minister apologises for minimum wage comments
Jersey's GCSE pass rate rises to 77.1%
Comments
Add a comment