The Jersey Community Foundation has released details about how Kezia's Fund will be used to mark her 16th birthday.
The JCF has announced today (26 July 2023) that 11 local organisations, groups and charities will be benefiting from the fund.
As an island, more than £125,000 has been raised for the fund and £109,689 has been given to:
- Thrive Jersey, Youth Suicide Prevention Advocacy - £10,000;
- Jersey Youth Trust, Wellbeing Days - £5,404;
- Family Nursing & Home Care, Emotional Gym - £14,460;
- All Matters Neurodiverse Jersey, Neuro Mind Counselling Outreach Project - £6,825;
- Brighter Futures, 'Drawing and Talking' Programme - £4,600;
- Healing Waves, Two Seasonal Workers' Salaries - £20,000;
- Jersey Eating Disorders Support, Counselling - £5,000;
- Kairos Arts, Training Center Manager - £10,000;
- Mind Jersey, Support for Youthful Minds Participation Group - £20,000;
- NSPCC Jersey, 'Letting the Future In' - £8,400;
- St. John Ambulance, Young Responders - £5,000.
Kezia's family created the fund to support the mental health of children and young people in Jersey.
Since then, many fundraisers have taken place to raise money for charity, such as Run4Kezia, which is going to be an annual event.
Ben Mason, Kezia's brother kickstarted the fundraising by creating a JustGiving page for teenage mental health in Jersey.
This year, Run4Kezia will be taking place at the waterfront on 10 September, starting at 8:00 am for the 10K and then 9:15 am for the 5K am and 10:15 am for the 2K.
Organisations in Jersey to support children and young people's mental health:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) - 01534 445030
- Youth Enquiry Service (YES): 0800 7350 010
- Children and Families Hub: 01534 519000
- LGBTQ Youth Project: 07797 730102
- My Time 4 Young Carers: 01534 280530
- Mind Jersey: 0800 733 59404
- NSPCC Jersey: 01534 760800
- Samaritans: 116 123
- The Bridge: 01534 449495
- Brighter Futures: 01534 449152