On Air Now Adam Newstead 7:00am - 10:00am Playing Anywhere Away From Here - Rag 'N' Bone Man & Pink
Now Playing Rag 'N' Bone Man & Pink Anywhere Away From Here

Fireworks Set Garage Roof Alight

Firefighters had to be called out to a property on Beaumont Hill last night after fireworks set light to the roof of a nearby garage.

Emergency services were called at around 10:30pm on Saturday 2 November, and two fire engines were sent to tackle the blaze.

Fire crews entered the garage in St Peter and had to remove insulation from the roof which had been set alight.

Jersey Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze was caused by fireworks being used nearby.

Crew Commander, John Lloyd, says people need to take care and follow instructions for using them: 

"When using fireworks ensure that you have read the instructions carefully prior to use, to have a bucket or two of water nearby, wear eye protection and gloves when lighting fireworks and make sure that they are lit a safe distance away from any property."

More from Jersey News

Channel 103 VIP

Become a Channel 103 VIP!

Stay Tuned

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa