Privacy Matters - Episode 1: In The World Of Data Protection
Privacy Matters: The World Of Data Protection
Sunday, July 25th, 2021 - 34 minutes
Welcome to Privacy Matters - a series of podcasts brought to you by Be-secure, in association with Channel 103.
We're talking about data protection in the real world, what it means for you, your rights and your business, and we'll consider what's likely to happen in the world of data protection over the next five to 10 years.
In each episode, we'll be focusing on one aspect of data protection today. Mining the knowledge of our expert, Brian Siney from Be-Secure, a niche consultancy business, providing professional services to clients here in the Channel Islands, the UK and across the European Union.
Brian has more than 25 years of experience in both commercial and financial services businesses in Jersey and – importantly - he's the only person in the Channel Islands to have the three IAPP accreditations.
1. What is IAPP accreditation and why is it important? (1'01")
2. News of a key appointment in Jersey’s Data Protection world (2'15")
3. Jersey and its relationship with the European Union and adequacy in Data Protection (3'03")
4. Google and Richard Lloyd’s group litigation and the tracking of people (5'44")
5. Cybersecurity: USA petrol supplies, data privacy and the Colonial Pipeline case (8'47")
6. What happens when an organisation like Air India loses control of its data? What we can learn from medical records leaks in Finland (15'34")
7. What lessons can be learnt from data breaches at BA, Marriott Hotels and other large organisations? (15'46")
8. The potential for reputation damage and financial impact on organisations that suffer data breaches (17'07")
9. Creating an incident response plan to deal with a data breach (17'07")
10. If this worst happens, what are the consequences, who should businesses contact to report a data breach? (19'03")
11. As a key anniversary approaches for GDPR – how have the first five years been? (29'06")
For further support, advice, and useful resources, visit Be Secure's website
Listen to the previous episodes in this series through channel103.com, Spotify, or on Apple Podcasts.
Thank you for listening.