The deadline for the homeowners to carry out the works on the unsafe wall themselves has expired today (10 July).
Temporary traffic lights were put in place between Drury Lane and Palmyra Road at the start of last month because of concerns that the unstable wall was at risk of collapsing onto the footpath and road.
This led to long tailbacks along the road, particularly at school-run time.
The owners of the affected properties were originally given four weeks to carry out works to make the wall safe, and when they didn't, the deadline was extended for another fortnight.
More time given to fix wall causing Rouge Bouillon traffic chaos
The Regulation Department has now said that, despite the time given to allow the property owners to sort it out, sufficient progress has not been made to address it.
Therefore, the department says it will exercise its powers under the law to enter the private land and do the work needed to make it safe
An inspection will ascertain what work is needed.
They will then begin tomorrow (Saturday 11 July), and are expected to take up to two weeks to complete.
The government will not pay for the work.

Economic Development Minister says minimum wage is 'strangling' Jersey's economy
'Useful' amount of rain expected in the Channel Islands
Buses miss stop after cars block route to Bouley Bay
Battle of Flowers firework finale cancelled
PHOTOS: The Optimists Club wins 2026 Battle of Flowers
Street party to celebrate expanded Jersey Cheshire Home
Jersey football club's dugouts 'smashed up'
Possible job cuts at RBSI in Guernsey and Jersey
Comments
Add a comment