The president of the States Assembly and Constitution Committee tells deputy hopefuls that their attendance at the seven training sessions will not now be published, unless they choose to include it in their manifesto.
It is estimated that around 65 people attended the first deputy training course at St Martin's Community Centre.
It had been planned to get them to sign a register and their attendance record noted over the seven weeks.
But at its meeting ahead of the evening session, the States Assembly and Constitution Committee decided that it will not publicise this information in the manifesto booklet, to be published in May.
Instead, deputy Carl Meerveld says that anybody who goes to the sessions and wishes to highlight their attendance voluntarily, can do so:
"I encourage them. I said it is a factor that would influence me, and my vote, if you had the commitment to come to a course like this and understand the role of deputy."
The move had faced criticism from deputy Chris Le Tissier, who had planned to raise it at the forthcoming January States meeting.
Guernsey's general election is on Wednesday 18 June.

Guernsey hedge veg owners inaugural meeting
Guernsey’s Victor Hugo Centre given planning green light
Stagnant water to remain at Guernsey park
Bailiwick GCSE pass rate exceeds national average by 4.2%
Date set for new vape tax to take effect in Guernsey
Guernsey's Castle Cornet to close early for bridge replacement
Guernsey’s Meet the Pilots organiser retires after 20 years
Prime Guernsey development opportunity sells for £2,555,000