On Air Now Overnight Midnight - 6:00am Playing Show Me Love - Sam Feldt
Now Playing Sam Feldt Show Me Love

Barbecue Destroyed In St Martin Fire

Image Credit: Jersey Fire and Rescue

Jersey’s Fire Service has issued another reminder to inspect our barbecues before lighting them over the bank holiday weekend.

It’s after one was destroyed in a blaze in St Martin yesterday.

Video footage published by Jersey Fire and Rescue shows the gas barbecue burning with flames reaching several metres high.

Two firefighters were needed to get the blaze under control.

Earlier this week, the service issued advice on staying safe over the bank holiday weekend – including to inspect our barbecues or gas-powered patio heaters before using them.

Now, Watch Commander Richard Ryan has repeated that message.

He says we should check each one of our barbecue’s gas cylinder connections and hoses before lighting them.
 

More from Jersey News


Channel 103 VIP

Become a Channel 103 VIP!