On Air Now Channel 103 Mix 6:00pm - Midnight Playing Summer Of Love - Shawn Mendes
Now Playing Shawn Mendes Summer Of Love

Alarm 'Saved A Life' In Chip Pan Fire 

Firefighters say a life has been saved overnight by a working smoke alarm.

Two crews were called out at 4.15am to reports of a kitchen fire in St Helier.

It had been sparked by an unattended chip pan.  Everyone inside had got out of the smoke-filled property safely.

Watch Commander Richard Ryan said:

“It was clear that the working smoke detector definitely saved at least one person’s life.”

Photo: JFRS

More from Jersey News


Channel 103 VIP

Become a Channel 103 VIP!