Storage Silo Catches Fire

Image Credit: Jersey Fire and Rescue

Firefighters were called to reports of smoke coming out of a sawdust storage silo earlier.

They extinguished the fire, which appeared to have started because of a generator malfunction - causing a small area of sawdust to catch alight.

An on-site worker has been praised for discovering what happened, isolating the electrics and phoning 999.

More from Jersey News


Weather

  • Mon

    19°C

  • Tue

    19°C

  • Wed

    17°C

  • Thu

    19°C

  • Fri

    21°C

Channel 103 VIP

Become a Channel 103 VIP!

Stay Tuned

Never miss a moment from Channel 103.

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa