The GSPCA is the overall winner of the Island FM and Cherry Godfrey Customer Service Awards.
The animal charity is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year, and picked up two awards at the ceremony held last night (27 April).
The GSPCA won the 'Best Service from the Charity Sector' in addition to being overall winner.
Individuals and businesses across 11 separate categories were nominated by people in the Bailiwick for their excellence in customer service. The awards return after a break caused by the pandemic.
GSPCA manager Steve Byrne says they're humbled to win and it's very much a team effort:
"We work 24/7 both at the Shelter and out in the community and we do touch people's lives in so many ways. We help so many animals every single day."
Steve says the care they provide means they're called out at all times of the day and night. Last week, they rescued an underweight seal pup from Pleinmont at 5am:
"We went out, we checked it and it was so thin that it needed to come into our care. But we need people to donate for animals like these, which was half what its body weight should be."
The winners at at the Duke of Richmond ceremony hosted by Island FM's Carl Ward were:
- Best Service from a Sole Trader - Print My Tees
- Best Service from a Team - Channel Seaways
- Best Service from the Charity Sector - GSPCA
- Best Service from an Individual Employee - Rebecca Goater
- Best Service from Digital Innovation - Food.gg
- Best Service from Food and Drink - Sitar
- Best Service from Leisure and Tourism - Oaty and Joey's
- Best Service from Accommodation - Les Rocquettes Hotel
- Best Service from a Start Up - Camp de Reves
- Best Service from Retail - Surf and Turf
- Best Service from Professional Services - Techy.gg
- Special Recognition Award - Aqua Windows
- Outstanding Contribution to Service - Twilight Nursing Services
- Overall Winner - GSPCA