Jp Cooper

September Song

Cars Destroyed In Garage Fire 

Two cars have been destroyed by a fire at a garage in St Lawrence.

Firefighters were called to a home just before 6pm on Sunday.

It is believed the blaze started in one of the car's engines,  probably caused by an electrical fault.

14 crew, including on-call firefighters, spent two and half hours putting out the flames and making the property safe.

The adjoining kitchen and utility room suffered significant heath and smoke damage.
 

Photo: JFRS

More from Jersey News

  • Neolithic Longhouse Opens

    A 20 metre long Neolithic Longhouse has opened at La Hougue Bie.

  • Short Break Respite Service Closing

    A Jersey mum says it will be a 'complete nightmare' for many families of children with special needs when the short break respite service that cares for her autistic five year old son stops running.

  • Pensioner Hit By Car

    An 83 year old woman is in hospital with a suspected broken ankle after being hit by a car yesterday (20th March).


Weather

  • Fri

    14°C

  • Sat

    13°C

  • Sun

    11°C

  • Mon

    10°C

  • Tue

    10°C

Channel 103 VIP

Become a Channel 103 VIP!

Stay Tuned

Keep it Channel 103 whatever device you use.

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play
  • Just ask Amazon Alexa