Man In Hospital After Asian Hornet Sting

24th August 2018

A man has been taken to hospital after being stung by an Asian Hornet in First Tower.

The States says the maintenance worker for the Sun Bowls Club disturbed the nest while trimming a hedge.  He was taken for medical treatment because he’s allergic to wasp stings.

Police have closed the footpath at First Tower to deal with the nest, which will be destroyed by a pest control officer when its safe to do so.

The Bowls Club and the affected hedgerow have also been cordoned off temporarily. No roads are affected.

Share this story: