Firefighters Put Out BBQ Blaze

7th August 2018

Firefighters have stopped a blaze caused by a gas BBQ cylinder spreading to a house.

Crews were called to a home in Trinity at around 7pm yesterday evening.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus got to work cooling the cylinder – which was ‘flaming off violently’ – until it was safe to close down the cylinder valve.

The Fire Service is remnding us to check connections before lightning a gas bbq.

It has put a video showing how to make sure yours is safe on its Facebook page.

*Photos supplied by JFRS

Share this story: